Rotterdam, 18 April 2017
Entire Shanghai terminals (including Waigaoqiao and Yangshang terminals) are becoming very congested from APR. Most of shipping lines can’t get Shanghai Port Authority’s permit to receive loaded containers until CY Closing deadline or even behind CY closing time. We can’t blame the port congestion on any carrier because SIPG, the Shanghai port authority determines gate opening time for receiving loaded export containers.
Please note below influences :
1. Yangtze River feeders are delayed seriously because they are waiting for the berths assigned by the port authority. A lot of containers are delayed to connect mother vessel in Shanghai.
2. New alliances have received 150~200% of vessel capacity bookings over their allocations, There are a lot of containers idling at Shanghai terminals waiting for loading. Terminal working areas are occupied by surplus export containers.
3. Due to bad weather, Raining with foggy haze, Vessels were rescheduled to call shanghai port and delayed departing from Shanghai frequently.
4. Truckers will charge drop off fee from shippers since they can’t return loaded containers to Shanghai ocean terminals. Currently, they drop loaded containers in outside depots and position them to ocean terminal once gates opened by the port authority.
5. Shipping lines refuse to position empty containers from Yangshan Port to Waigaoqiao Container Yards, the extra trucking fee for picking up empty containers from Yangshan terminals will be occurred .
Slavenburg & Huyser b.v.